Thursday, October 23, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #10 (or #1, for me)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/hm10.png

The task: Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc .

I realize this is my first post using HSBA's Homeschool Memoirs but I'm excited about it...I've seen these over the last few weeks so why not jump in at week 10? Better late than... well, you know. So here goes:

1. I have a commercial driver's license, class B, and used to drive 40-foot buses around my college campus.
2. I can't stand soda or any carbonated beverage.
3. Hydrangeas & daisies are my favorite flowers.
4. I saw how hot dogs were made when I was about 6 and can't bear to eat them today unless going hungry is the only other option...really hungry.
5. I have a minor in French but can hardly speak a sentence today.
6. I love George Clooney in any movie.
7. I can't watch a movie with Nicolas Cage in it.
8. School can't begin until I'm dressed to shoes and have coffee. It just can't.
9. There are over 6,000 comic books in my basement. Ebay, anyone?
10. My kids act surprised when I put together a complete meal at dinner.
11. I believe in the healing power of chocolate. :)

Since I'm not always good at following directions, we're leaving it at 11 rather than figuring out which to delete. Heck, I could write more. Looking forward to week #11!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good list Melissa! I am so glad you joined in this meme!
I am the same way about having on my shoes before we start school. It just would not "feel" right otherwise.
And yes, chocolate is very good for you (antioxidants you know!) ;)
So, of course, it does have healing properties-that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rhonda said...

Melissa: It's me again. :)
I have the pleasure of passing on a blog award for you! Pop over to get it whenever you can.
(I hope you don't mind getting awards.)
~Blessings~