Saturday, October 25, 2008

A blog award!

Wow! My first blog award! Rhonda at Living Water Christian Academy honored me with this award, and now I get to share it with 8 others. Thank you, Rhonda, for helping create the "proximity" in the blogosphere that has made me feel part of a community. Rhonda's blog is beautiful *and* meaningful so I do hope you'll visit her soon.

Here are the details of the award:“This blog invests and believes, in ‘proximity’ [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proxy] "They are all charming blogs, and the majority of them aim to show the marvels of friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate?" Then let’s try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to eight bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.”


1. Katherine at Cornerstone Classical has a beautiful blog. Not only do I love the classic look of it, her photos and stories are inspiring. I especially love the verse that tops her page and the meaning it holds for her homeschooling.
2. Laughing Lioness at Golden Grasses has a fun blog. The photos, the links, the poetry, I just love it all. And I love her "name" as I am a nearly full-time laugh-er myself. :)
3. CMama at Hunt Classical Academy has a information-packed blog with links to all kinds of information. But the highlight of this blog is that she chronicles the homeschool journey with her son with loads of fantastic photos. AND, she has the dubious honor of providing the info I needed to get a 3rd column on my blog! The link she gave on WTM did the trick for me.
4. Lindsey at Simple and Sweet has a pretty blog with lots of little girls--much like mine! I have a soft spot for great photos and this ones has a lot of great ones highlighting school, family, and playtime.
5. Katy at My Nut Village has one of my favorite blogs for a good laugh! Katy's photos are striking, the stories are written in wonderful humor, and the variety of topics keeps me comin' back for more! :)
6. Lorna at Socks and Books has my favorite spot for science links, but that's not all! She has the best photos of science learning in progress.
7. Meliss at Our Side of the Mountain has the place to go for great family photos. Her most recent posts are especially touching with family gatherings of multiple generations. In addition, she has a great listing of recipe links on her sidebar. :)
8. Nancy at 75 and Sunny has a gem of a blog. Her posts are thoughtful, her photos beautiful, and her testimony clear as a bright new day.

These are numbered in no particular order, and they all have one thing in common--their beautiful photos. Please visit them and see for yourself!

3 comments:

Ruskin said...

Thank you, Melissa for sharing your blog award with us. It is a real compliament coming from such a great blogger!

Rhonda said...

You chose some great bloggers! It is so fun to check out all of the recipients! :)

Blah said...

Yes, I agree with Lorna... thank you for the compliment, Melissa. (BTW, great name! LOL!) Even though you already have one... I too nominate you for a blog award! Now, the details are on my blog... you're welcome to come check it out!