Saturday, October 11, 2008

A $3 frappe maker

Our neighbors had a yard sale today. Yesterday I watched them empty their garage onto their driveway--baby #2 is due soon and they are nesting. It's sweet to watch.

Well, I can't resist a yard sale, especially not one within walking distance. So, I put $10 in my pocket and headed over at 9am or so, a bit late by this yard-saler's standards. They had corning-ware that I considered but nothing much caught my eye...until I saw this mint green classic soda-fountain styled Hamilton Beach frappe maker, with shimmery silver cup attached. Mmmm...I literally salivated. The price? Three dollars. I wondered if I should be spending money on something so...so...frivolous with the crunch we're in. But then I imagined myself sipping a mint chocolate chip frappe...mmmm...so I caved. I handed them $3, rationalized that I couldn't possibly go see my neighbors and leave without spending a cent, and headed home with my mint green frappe maker in hand. Coffee Man's eyes lit up when I arrived which was confirmation that I had done well... :)

Next stop? Grocery store for a $3 half-gallon of ice cream.

Then, home for a quick lunch to be washed down with the best frappe I can remember. Oh, and Coffee Man made some for the kiddos too. I was too busy sipping with my eyes closed to notice!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

What a fabulous deal-and by buying it you blessed your neighbors in the bargain!
Now I want a mint chocolate chip frappe! :)
Thank you for the nice comments about the pictures I posted.
~Blessings,
~Rhonda