Thanks to a friend of my father-in-law, we got a personal tour through the New England Aquarium in Boston yesterday. Not only did she show & explain every tank display, she took us out back to see younger animals, how they feed the fish from behind-the-scenes, and this... we got to feed the loldest & biggest loggerhead turtle, Myrtle! The girls tiptoed out onto the deck of the aquarium's giant center tank to look down on the sharks, eels, fish of all kinds, and some turtles. The above link shows this awesome tank. Thank you notes are on the docket for today. :) It was an incredible experience.
12 years ago



10 comments:
Oooh, how great to get to go behind the scenes! I'm sure that was a great trip. :)
We love the Aquarium.
Fun! I love aquariums, too.
Very cool! I'd love to take a tour like that someday.
That sounds amazing. It is so great to have someone actually talk to the children and share their enthusiasm.
What a grand adventure! Sounds like they learned a lot.
That looks so interesting!
Happy WW.
Pays to have good connections! Sound like you guys had a fantastic trip! I am green with envy!
What a wonderful opportunity!
Shannon
You all sure do take some great field trips! :)
What an awesome experience! I'm sure they learned so much more that way.
Post a Comment