Tomorrow, October 27th is Cupcake's birthday. It all seems to be going too fast. She is such a beautiful little girl, both inside and out, and we couldn't be more proud of who she is becoming but I often feel that these are the fastest six years ever. This is Cupcake's first year at home for school after completing 3 years in a nearby Montessori preschool/kindergarten, which she loved! I wasn't sure how she'd like being home since she is so social but so far so good. With Brownie Girl Scouts, a couple dance classes, weekly homeschool Co-op, and our church activities, she has PLENTY to do!
She loves being home and working efficiently through her assignments in our sunny school room and then saying "DONE!" the minute she finishes any small part. She is focused, hard-working, upbeat, and really sharp. She is always thinking, calculating, figuring out something new...drives her big sister nuts I think. In preparation for our first day of school, we were talking about what subjects we should start with and all Cupcake could say was "oh! oh! Can we pleeeeease start with math?! I looooove math...huh? huh?" Older sister Sweet Pea just rolled her eyes in disgust at this eager remark! :) I laughed at the thought of what our year would look like based on this introduction.
So tomorrow she turns six and I am excited to see her be excited! She is going to love that she is getting the only thing she really wanted...a "Littlest Pet Shop" thing which I had NEVER heard of until I wandered the Walmart aisles and discovered this is the next big thing?! What rock have I been living under? My autumn-born child wishes she had a summer birthday like her sister so she wants a "flower" themed party...hmmm...so we're making a cake in that shape and having the girls make giant tissue paper flowers for fun. Sad part is that most of her friends CAN'T come on Sunday to her party...I am in a pickle because I'm down to just two girls who can come...now what?! We'll see what happens tomorrow. In the end, she will enjoy whatever happens because that's just the kind of girl she is, but as the mom, I'd like to help her have a fun day with a bunch of girl friends.
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment