Okay, so I'm not atually excited about this...but Coffee Man sure is! Taco Bell has some great guys in marketing if they can take the same lame 7 ingredients and make a whole menu out of it! It's insane...and gross. BUT it's happening, thanks to Ellsbury's base-stealing skill! Playoff time is the only time I'm interested in actually watching the Red Sox, but I've been a fan since birth. I think I learned to not enjoy watching the games because of the pain and distress they caused. It was here in this house we live in now where I sat with several high school friends watching the game in 1986 when Bill Buckner let that sad ball slip between his legs. The reply still makes me cringe and I will him to catch it!! TIme to let it go... That's a scar that can't be healed. We all learned to just assume the worst and be shocked when things actually do work out. We watch from behind our hands, peeking out between fingers, already knowing the disastrous outcome! Even after 2004, I still have this nagging feeling that the Sox will somehow blow this series despite their amazing showing in game 1. But there's time and hope for those like me! We learned to expect good things from the Patriots so we can be pursuaded to expect the best from the Sox, right? Still not sure...
So I'm feeling a little better today...the doctor says I probably have a virus that won't quit. I've also come to the realization that I'd get better faster if I was healthier before this all happened. Time to shape up!! This is my own personal low point and I'm ready to work up from here. Mark the calendar, this is it. To kick things off, we took the kids out for a bike/walk this afternoon. It's beautiful here, just past peak foliage, sun-warmed air with a cool breeze. Heavenly. I survived our little jaunt but desperately needed to nap after...now I feel quite a bit better and hopefully ready to tackle our chronically over-scheduled Friday. The challenge will be finding a time for some exercise tomorrow. But it's a challenge I need to meet head on.
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment