Monday, October 22, 2007

Death before decaf?

What is this all about anyway? When Coffee-Man and I first got married, we got this phrase on a magnet somewhere, apparently in the hopes of filling up the front surface of our giant white fridge. I would swear by this magnet until I found myself pregnant with little girl #1. Then it was all decaf, all the time, and my sweet Coffee-Man even weaned me off the good stuff slowly so as not to shock my system too much! Imagine! For many long months I walked past that magnet, longing for a sweet sip of Regular...wondering if I'd ever NOT be pregnant again.

Well, that magnet has survived 3 decaf pregnancies and so have I. The kids know how much we both love coffee and we enjoy a daily reminder of this when the coffee maker beeps to indicate it's finally done brewing and our youngest yells out to all who are within earshot: COFFEE'S DONE!! Of course, she's not quite old enough to enunciate well or pronounce contractions, so it's more like "COFFEE DONE!!" Her two older sisters echo it back, mispronunciation and all!

No comments: