We completed Week 12 with TOG, and we have a lot going on with completing our co-op semester...lots of projects and reports going on! The kids love this part of school, but the weeks like this make me wonder if we're getting enough done. Then...I breathe...and try to remember that these days of exciting hands-on projects won't last forever and we should enjoy it! I will take some photos of their projects when complete. Meanwhile, we did complete our usual assignments of math & grammar.
I missed a report last week due to being away for a long weekend, so I want to share some pics from that week's work. We participated in a local Biography Night. The girls researched someone from the 20th century to coincide with our TOG studies. Each student took a turn in a "who am I?" presentation where they spoke in the first person, in costume, about their person and the crowd of students & parents had to guess who they were. It was great fun, and while some were easy to guess, the older kids had some really great hard-to-guess characters!
Sweet Pea was Amelia Earhart, telling the tale of her flying adventures and the mystery of her final flight. She borrowed the helmet from her great-grandfather who was a helicopter pilot in WWII. Looked great!
Cupcake played Babe Ruth. The same great-grandfather loaned her the old glove! To tell Babe's story of being traded from Boston to New York, she had paper logos on her hat & shirt, and during the part about being traded, we covered up the Sox logo with the Yankees! The crowd of Sox fans had a good chuckle at this, especially the story of the curse and how it was broken in 2004. :)
What a fun night! Cupcake is now researching FDR for her co-op project, but Sweet Pea stuck with Amelia for her written research project for Writing class & will be in a similar "who am I?" skit during our Unit Celebration.An exciting week is coming up!!



3 comments:
What great fun!! Biography night sounds like a wonderful idea. Having a good co-op can really add to fun learning. And I know how much busier it makes thing too! :)
I look forward to seeing their projects.
I hope you are having a great week-end.
I always love seeing what TOG homeschoolers are up to. You all do the neatest presentations!
Thanks for stopping by my blog recently and for your kind comments!
Your biography night looks great!
Post a Comment