It's debate night. Foreign policy is the main event, after a brief foray into the tanking economy. I am watching the debate on CNN with their little "reaction" meter at the bottom. The Independents are the ones to watch! They seem a little clicker-happy, enjoying reacting suddenly to small nuances like choice of wording.
I see bumps DOWN in the green Independent line when McCain refers to himself as the guy whose never been voted "Miss Congeniality" which makes me giggle and wonder if they find the feminine reference offensive or if they just thought the movie was lame! Then I see the line dip again when Obama opens a comment with "Look..." or "Let's be clear" which are both condescending openers. I think people find these irritating because they reveal that he is on the defensive when he usually doesn't need to be! It's posturing and if I had a little reaction clicker in my hand I'd be making it dip on those comments too.
Mostly I find it interesting that nobody is really that excited or annoyed at either candidate as the line rarely wavers more than a small amount. In that case, why is everyone so fired up mad at each other during casual political conversation at the water cooler? Huh? :)
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment