Well, spring came...and went. Apparently it is summer though the weather tells a different story. I have not been online much for numerous reasons, so for fun, here is a completely incomplete list of those reasons:
Spent February/March involved in fighting for state homeschooling freedoms.
Coffee Man picked up extra work (my hero!) and I have had less time.
Sometime in April my laptop died...it is literally no longer living with us.
The sun shone in April and for some of May as well!
Standardized testing week.
End of co-op year celebrations, final assignments, etc.
I am a perfectionist...I began to think, "If I can't post on my blog more often, why post at all?" but now I'm over that.
I am taking less pics and have less to post because of that laptop issue, and I really liked including pics in my posts.
My parents are home from Florida, so before their arrival we did LOTS of yardwork.
Spring means soccer & softball at the same time--what were we thinking?!
Dance rehearsal & recital in early June for all 3 girls.
I've spent much more time reading my Bible.
I've begun a "couch to 5k" running program!
This last item is near and dear to me...I've been working on it for over a month now, and while I haven't lost a single pound to speak of, I can actually RUN for about 15 minutes with stopping! This is big. My oldest is 10 and since then, I have had sporadic episodes of exercise blended with long bouts of sedentary behavior, mixed with occasional doses of meaningless self-pity. :)
I have a dear WTM boardie to thank for getting me started on this journey of health, strength, and goal-setting of a new variety. I honestly can't believe I've been at it for over a month, but here I am!!
Okay, well that's a long enough post for my first day back. More again soon! I'm baaaaaack!!



No comments:
Post a Comment