Saturday, June 27, 2009

A chapter closes.

Michael Jackson offered the sountrack to my middle school and high school years. The years between then and now aren't ones that I have much postive to say with regard to him, but there is no question that his music does and will live on.

It's the beat. It's contagious and makes it hard to sit still.

How can you not start moving when the bass line of "Beat It" comes on, or "Thriller" or "Smooth Criminal"... Within the course of a couple of days I have relived years of teenage fashion, attitude, and dance moves, much to the humor of my children. But rather than think I'm old or that the music is boring, they fell in love instantly with the contagious rhythms and together we have taken a bizarre and unexpected stroll down memory lane this weekend...mine, that is.

Now, I have a 10 year old who is practicing her moonwalk. I love it.
Here's to memories!

No comments: