Saturday, August 30, 2008

First day jitters--who, me?

I feel like I'm the student going back to school when the wonderful anticipatory jitters set in a few days before the start of school. But wait! I'm supposed to be the composed adult. :)

On Tuesday, Sept. 2nd, we start our 4th full year of homeschooling. The school room has been rearranged, books have been reorganized and labeled, supply shelves have been labeled, and for the first time in this disorganized mom's life, everything REALLY has a home when I say it's time to clean up. Now they should be able to actually do it successfully! Poor kids didn't have a chance til now...

Goals for this year: A more peaceful pace, a more defined focus on God and His purpose for each of us, for Sweet Pea to become a more self-directed learner, for Cupcake to gain more confidence in her abilities, for science & nature study to be more frequent, for both girls to grow in writing skills specifically, and finally, to bring Munchkin home full-time from preschool in January. This last item will save untold hundreds of dollars and add to the peacefulness of our daily schedule.

QUOTE of the week: After two days of setting up our reorganized school room, I was pleased to show the girls around and I was rewarded with their excitement. My math-hating school-dreading Sweet Pea let something slip out on her way out..."Wow! I can't wait to start school!" And then I think she tried to gobble up her words but it was too late! I heard it!

No comments: